We can winterize your crawl space to help you avoid expensive damage from frozen and burst pipes. Our proven winterization repairs will also keep your home warmer and reduce your heating costs.
Contact Innovative Basement Authority to request a free quote. Our crawl space sealing and insulating treatments improve home comfort and energy efficiency during the winter and all year round.
Our repairs solve your cold weather problems:
- Cold floors above the crawl space.
- Cold drafts coming up from the crawl space.
- High heating bills.
- Cold crawl space ductwork that cools the heated air from your furnace.
- Frozen pipes due to inadequate insulation.
Your vented crawl space could be to blame for your high utility bills
Fiberglass insulation installed in the crawl space ceiling will not protect you from frozen pipes, cold floors, and high heating bills. Ductwork in a vented crawl space is another problem. Outside air and temperatures make your ducts cold in the winter and hot during the summer. This forces your HVAC system to work overtime to deliver air at the proper temperature, cutting system efficiency by as much as 25-40 percent.
How we seal out the cold in your crawl space
Instead of worrying about your crawl space and making temporary repairs, let us permanently solve your cold weather problems. We don’t just winterize crawl space pipes or vents. Instead, we seal and winterize your entire crawl space foundation to bring your plumbing and heating system inside your home’s conditioned space. Here’s how our process works:
- Air seal & insulate the rim joist. A tremendous amount of heat is lost through the rim joist that rests on your crawl space foundation. We prevent frigid air from leaking in by sealing gaps around the perimeter of your foundation. Then we reduce conductive heat loss by insulating the rim joist with foam insulation.
- Insulate crawl space walls with rigid foam. We install high-performance ExTremeBloc™ rigid foam insulation against the crawl space walls. ExTremeBloc™ does what fiberglass can’t: it stops air leaks, never loses R-value, and can’t absorb or be damaged by moisture.
- Seal & insulate the crawl space floor. In colder climates, we recommend installing foam insulation on the crawl space floor. This specialized flexible insulation is then covered with our strong poly CrawlSeal® moisture barrier that completes the sealing process. The crawl space is now isolated from outside conditions.
View more crawl space solutions