Seal Vents And Install A Liner To Preserve & Improve Your Crawl Space
The CrawlSeal® Crawl Space Vapor Barrier is the heart and soul of the CrawlSeal® system. This durable, bright white crawl space liner installs on the walls and floors, preventing water vapor and humidity from passing through. By keeping your crawl space dry, you protect your structure and insulation from mold and rot.
With a 25-year warranty against rips and tears, this durable 20-mil poly-reinforced crawl space liner converts your crawl space into a usable storage area. And with its mold-resistant additive “UltraFresh”, CrawlSeal® will never support mildew or mold growth on its surface.
Why Seal Your Crawl Space
- Controls Mold & Rot
- Save Money On Utilities
- Keeps Away Pest/Insects
- Passive Radon Mitigation
- Seals Away Odors
- Increased Comfort – No Drafty Floors
- Increases Home Value
- Additional Storage Space
The CrawlSeal® Crawl Space Vapor Barrier installs quickly in your home, attaching to the walls with plastic pegs. Typical jobs take less than a day.
Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation
Installing a crawl space vapor barrier is one of the most cost-effective ways to improve your home and prevent the need for future crawl space repairs.
Along with protection from mold and rot, a dry crawl space will also be inhospitable to termites, cockroaches, ants, crickets, and many other pests that need excess moisture to survive. Mice and rats are deterred by the plastic vapor barrier, and flooding waters will be kept at bay.
Steps to Installing A Crawl Space Vapor Barrier
- Install Airtight Doors & Vent Covers: Sealing your crawl space doors and vents stops the cycle of cold, humidity and moisture entering from the outside air. However, water can still enter your crawlspace in many ways.
- Remove Any Standing Water Sources: The next step is to eliminate any sources of flooding in your crawl space by installing a crawl space drain and sump pump system. This eliminates flooding water from your crawl space, but moisture can still enter directly through the concrete and floor in the form of water vapor.
- Repair The Structure: If your crawl space is sagging or damaged by prolonged mold and rot, the next step is to install crawl space support jacks to help restore your structure. This will help your floors stay even and stop any structural sagging upstairs.
- Encapsulate & Insulate The Crawl Space: To stop moisture from passing through your floors and porous concrete walls, a crawl space liner should be installed. A durable liner will allow for servicemen to use the space without damage while transforming your crawl space into usable storage space. This is also the best time to install crawl space insulation on your walls or floors.
- Install A Dehumidifier: Installing an energy efficient, self-draining crawl space dehumidifier will keep your space dry. Our crawl space dehumidifier system includes a filter that removes particles from the air as small as 2 microns. This ensures that your crawl space is protected from mold, dust mites, and mildew damage — permanently!
By sealing a crawl space, you also keep away odors and allergenic mold spores that would otherwise rise up through the floor and into your home due to the stack effect.
By sealing your crawl space, you keep the summer heat out of your home and the winter cold away from your furnace, water heater, and other utilities.
As an additional benefit, the CrawlSeal® crawl space vapor barrier acts as a passive radon mitigation system. It is also compatible with your active radon mitigation system as well as products such as crawl space sump pumps.
Trust our experts. Request your free inspection.schedule free inspection
View more crawl space solutions