Tuesday, September 27th, 2016 by Maggie Moen
The Legacy Children’s Foundation is a 501(C) nonprofit that was founded in 2011 by Jeff and Mary Jean Dehne. They credit their strong beliefs in education and faith to the upbringing their parents provided them. They have a passion for instilling and encouraging values of education, faith, honesty, and perseverance in children while they experience the world around them. They work with diverse teenagers to provide academic support, emotional encouragement and real world experiences in job shadowing, community service and meaningful rewards. All LCF opportunities are earned by the students. They refer to themselves as a hand up NOT a hand out.
Their six expectations for their students:
1. Have regular attendance in school
2. Attend weekly Legacy meetings
3. Pass all your classes
4. Positive Use of After School Time: Participate in a school sponsored activity, attend Sylvan, maintain a part-time job or work with a mentor 2-3 times per week
5. Use available interventions to improve academic success
6. Serve in our community an average of one hour a week
We assist diverse teens in their quest to achieve a high school diploma.
The core values that drive the Legacy Children’s Foundation are education, perseverance, faith and honesty. We strive to uphold these values in every aspect of our foundation.
To provide a healthy set of expectations and meaningful rewards to teens, as stepping stones to the achievement of a high school diploma. To nurture faithful relationships between teens and members of our community so the gifts and talents of each life may thrive.
To see photos of Building A Legacy click here!
Service Area Locations