Wednesday, August 31st, 2016 by Maggie Moen
When you have a basement waterproofing system it plays a vital role in protecting your home from groundwater and seepage. Having a specialist come out to your home and do an annual service and maintenance check on your basement drainage, sump pump, and any other integral part of your system will also help find any potential problems you could face in the future.
After you’ve scheduled your annual service and maintenance of your waterproofing system a technician will perform the following services:
1. Test and Clean Your Sump Pump System: Your sump pump consists of many moving parts that can wear down or need replacement. Your service technician will begin by checking your sump pump’s float switch and intake for any possible problems. After this, the intake valve and impeller will be cleaned and checked to make sure they are functioning properly. Once the service technician finds that the pump is working correctly, the sump pump liner will be cleaned of any sediment or silt that may be present. This important step will keep it from building in the future and potentially clogging check valves, etc.
2. Test and Replace Batteries: The battery in your Sump Pump Alarm should be replaced once a year, and the service technician will take care of this during the visit. Additionally, the battery for your backup sump pump will be tested to make sure it’s holding a proper charge.
3. Service Your Dehumidifier: Our dehumidifiers include two filters that will need to be maintained. The pre-filter can be cleaned, while the air filter will be replaced. The dehumidifier will also be oiled and parts inside will be inspected.
4. Check the Discharge Line: We will check the discharge line to ensure that water is freely moving through the discharge line. We also check for the potential for freezing.
5. Maintain Your Crawl Space Liner: If you’ve repaired and sealed your crawlspace, we will check the CrawlSeal® liner and any other components installed in your crawl space.
6. Check For Problems and Suggest Upgrades: Often, our service technician will see signs of newly emerging problems that may not have existed before and they can suggest and/or implement solutions that will address these issues proactively. We’re always expanding our product line to help keep your basement or crawl space dry!
Call us to schedule your annual service and maintenance of your waterproofing system today!
Service Area Locations