Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 by Danielle Wesbur
1. Clean the Gutters – This is probably one of the easiest and cheapest things you can do to help keep water out of your basement.
2. Extend the Downspout – After water is collected in your gutters, make sure it’s not draining directly next to your home! Extending the downspout will help prevent the water from seeping into the basement.
3. Sump Pump – Your choice of sump pump is crucial. Not all sump pumps perform the same, so it’s a matter of knowing which are the best. We highly recommend the SafeDri Triple™ Sump Pump. Within this sump system, there are three different pumps that are triggered to turn on at different times. Plus, the third pump is a battery back up in case of power outages.
4. Drainage System – With choosing a sump pump, it’s important to select the proper draining system as well. We recommend the BasementGutter® Drainage System. BasementGutter is installed around the perimeter of the area and allows water to safely drain directly to the sump pump.
5. The Finishing Touches – Choosing which flooring, walls and furniture is a fun and exciting process! However, it’s important to choose waterproof flooring and wall options. For example, Flooring is a great option! These tiles are slightly elevated to allow unwanted water to pass beneath without damaging whatever’s above the tiles. We also supply waterproof wall options; for example, our Wall Panels are waterproof and will NOT support mold growth.
Having a proper home waterproofing system is crucial to a healthy home. For more waterproofing information,
Contact us today at 320-515-2200!
Service Area Locations