Wednesday, September 2nd, 2015 by Ryan Anderson
Your home is probably the place where you spend the most time. You eat, sleep, entertain guests, and maybe even work there. So why not make the most of every inch of your investment – including the basement?
Stumped about what exactly you can use a finished basement for? Here are 10 ideas for ways you can use a finished basement:
1. Convert your basement into a home office. A devoted office space in your home will give you a quiet place to work and increase your productivity.
2. Give your kids a playroom. What better way to keep the upstairs presentable than to create a devoted place for the kids to play? If it gets too messy, just shut the door until there’s time to clean!
3. Create a home theater. Avoid the crowds and watch movies in the comfort of your own home.
4. Convert extra space into a spare bedroom. Give your guests a private place to stay, or even consider creating a basement apartment.
5. Convert your space to a basement bar. Why not create a space devoted to entertainment? Add a pool table, a dart board and a TV turned to a sports channel, and you won’t be setting foot in the local bar any time soon.
6. Create a craft room. Pursue hobbies that need more space than the kitchen table. Sewing, painting, scrapbooking – anything that requires a little extra space is fair game.
7. Increase your home’s value. Your home is a huge investment. Why not invest further? Finishing your basement with quality products from will increase your square footage, which will increase the value of your home.
8. Enjoy a dry basement – and everything that goes with it. Properly waterproofing and finishing your basement can mean no more mold or musty odors. No more property damaged after every rainfall.
9. Create a home gym. It’s easy to fall off the wagon when it comes to working out. Make fitness easier by converting your basement into a gym.
10. Make a place for dry storage space. Even if you have all the space you need for your projects and entertainment, wouldn’t it be nice to have a space devoted to storage? With a finished basement, you won’t have to worry about your valuables being damaged by mold and moisture.
Service Area Locations